CLICK HERE FOR VIZARD HOUSE WEBSITE.
The Vizard Foundation was established by members of the Vizard Family in 1991 to act as a focus for contributions they wished to make to the community.
Since that time the Foundation has provided resources to a wide range of institutions and initiatives, although the constant major focus has been Vizard Foundation House which provides affordable temporary accommodation to people supporting patients in Melbourne hospitals.
The Foundation is a charitable fund, and the Trust Fund and its income is held for public charitable purposes. Whilst the nature of these charitable purposes is not limited, in order to maximize the impact of the Foundation’s activities the directors have chosen to concentrate support in a number of key areas of philanthropy.
The major areas in which the Foundation provides resources and support are:
- Accommodation services for people supporting hospital patients.
- Promotion of community engagement, scholarship and education in the fine and performing arts
- Assisting young and mid-career Australian fine and performing artists with opportunities to create and showcase new work
- Making culturally significant works of art available for display and study at major institutions
- Scientific research, particularly in the fields of agriculture and veterinary science
- Conservation of indigenous flora and fauna
More details of some specific projects supported by the Foundation appear elsewhere on this website.
The Foundation does not have a formal application process for individuals or institutions seeking support. The available resources of the Foundation are typically committed well in advance to long term projects managed in conjunction with expert partners. As a result, unsolicited applications for funding for short term or one-off causes are unlikely to fit within the support capacity of the Foundation, and are not encouraged.
The Foundation is privately funded, and is not in a position to accept donations.